Saturday, June 1, 2013

Settled in!
























We drove to Phoenix a little early on Saturday and went to Pei Wei to celebrate Mom's birthday! (Which is actually today)Happy birthday Mom! We enjoyed lunch and fortune cookies and then went to the airport. The first picture is of Gar, Mom, and I, checking in. The picture on the right is of Brooke and I, just before we went through security. The whole process was pretty easy! 

After a long day of flying, driving, and navigating, we are finally in West Bay! The flight was long but enjoyable! I do not understand how people sleep on International flights. They offer about 30 different movie choices so I watched four movies and just enjoyed the ride. We were given two fairly decent meals on the plane. One was dinner, I ordered a vegetarian meal, which was good. The other was breakfast, which included fruit, banana bread, and tea. I was feeling pretty jealous of everyone in first class that were relaxing on reclining chairs with lots of room. 


It was interesting flying in and having an 8 hour time difference. We left at 7:25 Friday evening and arrived at 1:40 p.m. local time. Although my body thought that it was closer to 5 a.m. We waited for a few minutes and then took a 2.5 hour bus ride to West Bay. I can't even begin to express how beautiful England is. There is so much GREEN. Everywhere! The buildings are all so old and beautiful and there are lots of animals grazing on the side of the road. I will admit, driving on the left side of the road is completely fascinating to me. I don't know how they make sense of it, but that's probably how they feel when they come to America :) 

West Bay is gorgeous. Our cottage is very nice, a little small but perfect for a months time. We are situated very close to everything. The Laundromat is about 5 seconds away (Seriously). Our classroom is a four minute walk and there are lots of pubs and hangout places around the area. Tomorrow I am hoping to explore some of the cliffs. They look incredible. Hopefully I will get to spend some time on the beach as well. 

We are the only group that actually has wifi in our living space, so I am excited about that! Hopefully the other groups can figure something out for their internet! I am planning on taking lots of pictures tomorrow. I also plan to buy groceries tomorrow, which I am sure will be an adventure! I will post again soon! 

-Taylor

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that your first 24 hours of England adventure have been so successful. I am thrilled that things have gone so smoothly for you. Thanks for the SKYPE tour of the cottage and the cafe. Thanks for the "happy birthday" shout out. My day has been great. Lots of greetings fromm loved ones. You should probably try to get some sleep so that you have some energy for tomorrow. Have fun at the grocery store, and on the cliffs and the beach. Can't wait to see the pics. Love you Missy.

    ReplyDelete