Friday, June 28, 2013

When Hard Work Pays Off...

While writing this blog post I am completely aware that things could have gone very differently for me on this trip. I am constantly reminded that my experiences here in WestBay have been totally unique and unlike the rest of my group. With that said, I am so glad I did the things I did and I have no regrets. 

I did spend the majority of this trip studying. BUT that was my expectation and intention coming here. These classes were hard and crunched into a month! I don't regret the nights I chose to stay at home or the nights I came home earlier than the group. I worked really hard for my grades and feel like I completely earned them. Today I got A's on both of my finals which means A's in both of the classes and I am so HAPPY! Hard work really does pay off. 

I enjoyed the group excursion to Bath and the time I spent doing things around the area such as visiting Lyme Regis, Dorchester, and all of the little towns in between. I loved the cliffs and the hiking and the weather was perfect! Especially since I heard it's been 90 in Flagstaff! I love that there are so many things to do outdoors here because that's where I like to be when I'm in Flagstaff. 

I am glad that I worked as hard as I did. Even if it meant sacrificing time I could have spent on the beach, out with friends, or exploring. Now I get to go to London and spend 4 days not worrying about school! I would hate to have gotten B's and been beating myself up the whole time instead of having fun. I can stay out as late as I want and do whatever I want and I know I will totally enjoy myself the entire time. 

I am excited to see a different side of England, even if it is the touristy side. I am hoping to go on a double decker tour bus and do all of the things you are supposed to do while in London. I feel so blessed to have been able to come to WestBay and study abroad and now I am so blessed to be going to London to have some fun. Work hard, play hard. 

With all of that said I am still counting down the days until I return home to Flagstaff! I can't wait to see my family and friends and Darby of course. 33 days is a long time! 

I will be sure to post lots of pictures from London! 

Love, Taylor 



1 comment:

  1. Hey baby girl - congratulations on those "A"s and for feeling like all the work paid off. You have been working so hard to get into the nursing program and I know that is going to pay off for you. I am SO EXCITED about your trip to LONDON and just know that you are going to have such a fabulous time soaking it all in. I hope you find amazing food and good weather. Can't wait to see and hear all about it. Love you. Stay safe!!!

    ReplyDelete